Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You Heard It Here, First.

Marissa here. It's currently 9:30 on Thursday morning. That means that it's Wednesday evening for y'all. Yes, I said y'all. A summer in Wyoming has its repercussions.

I have some news for you. Well, for the few faithful followers we have. There has been a slight change of plans on this adventure.

I will be coming home in December, where I will begin my mission papers. That's right, I'll be serving a full time mission. I turn 21 on May 1, so I'll get another semester of school done, and I'll aim to leave right after finals. I'm cutting this adventure short so I can go on another, even better one. One that will change people's lives.

These last few weeks have been weeks of change. My heart has changed, and my testimony has grown. I've never felt closer to the Spirit of the Lord, or as loved by my Heavenly Father.

I know that many of you don't adhere to the same beliefs that I do, so you may not understand why I'd be not only willing, but eager to sacrifice 18 months of my life for my religion. It's because I don't consider it a sacrifice; I consider it a blessing. This gospel brings me so much joy each day, that I can't sit by and not share it with all the energy of my heart.

I know that I'm doing the right thing, for the right reason. I know the church is true, and I want to be the perfect servant for my Lord and Savior. My God has given me so much, and he asks so little in return.

In the words of someone very, very close to me, "The way home is on earth again. What else matters?" (-Elder Daniel James Oka, September 6 2010)

And I'll leave you with that, and some reading to do if you're interested. President Hinckley had a gift of wording beautiful ideas in very elegant ways. Give it a read, and tell me it doesn't make you just a little bit excited, or a little bit more peaceful than you were before.

So I'll see you all in about two months. I'll be back in Logan in January. Middle of the summer in Australia to dead of winter in Logan...totally worth it.

Peace and love,
Marissa Fay

7 comments:

  1. awesome Marissa! That's a great decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Riss, that's so awesome! Can you email because I need some more details about this little plan. I'm proud of you babe and way excited for you :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa that is so exciting! I;m so excited for you! Have an awesome adventure in Australia, and preparing for the next one. LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly just told me this morning, and I have been smiling ever since! No joke, once I heard that you were going on a mission, it made so much sense. I have never met someone prepared the same way that you have to serve a mission. You will not regret your decision to serve and preach what you know. There are some of us who have been praying for your well being, and God obviously has answered. I can tell by what you have written that you really are enjoying life to it's fullest. I am so happy for you and I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa, I am so excited after reading this!! That is wonderful. My mission was the best experience ever and I know that there are so many blessings I have received because of it. Please let us know if you need anything when you come back to Logan. :)

    ReplyDelete