Thursday, November 4, 2010

Time to drop some knowledge.

So I was just about to hop into bed tonight when I had an epiphany. I realized that everybody reading this blog doesn't know me. This realization of my egocentricity just dawned on me from nowhere. I figure half of the people that read our posts are friends of Marissa whom I have never met, or have only associated with in passing. So, in an attempt to introduce myself a bit more thoroughly...



Hi! My name is Robert. Here are some fun facts about me:
  • I am in no way a morning person.
  • I'm an atheist.
  • If I can wear less clothes and get away with it, I will.
  • When people can't spell, or blatantly misspell, really basic words it bothers me, e.g., your/you're.
  • I've attempted a few semesters at Salt Lake Community College in the past, but I'm not currently enrolled anywhere.
  • My most recent job was at Jimmy John's. I was there for a little over a year.
  • It's not as much that I'm stuck up as it is that I'm shy. And I am much more shy than I should be.
  • I've only had one girlfriend.
  • In the past, some have described me as a "player."
  • I have an affinity for body modification, but have never, aside from, arguably, body building, modified myself.
  • I have played countless rounds of disc golf these past two summers. Great sport.
  • You'll have a hard time "Getting my goat."
  • Rock Band (drums/vocals), Halo 3, and CoD MW2 are my games of choice. I'm pretty good.
  • I don't have much of an imagination.
  • For how good I am at video games I'm surprisingly bad at drawing, painting, and handwriting. The fine motor skills apparently don't transfer over.
  • I have a poor memory for conversations.
  • I have a filthy mouth around some, but clean my act up for most.
  • I don't have a favorite food, band, colour, movie, friend, car, or type of girl.
  • I've never been in a fight. 
  • If I say I will do something or be somewhere, I will. But you'll have a hard time getting me to commit.
  • This past summer I was a gym rat.
  • I can't scream.
  • I'm agile and athletic, but not flexible.
  • I'm extremely unapologetic.
  • I, like many males, don't talk about emotions much.
  • I haven't cried in over 4 years.
  • Needles puncturing my skin scares me to no end.
  • I used to have somewhat of a temper, but now I am extremely laid back.
  • I'm not one known for partying. I've never smoked and rarely drink.
  • I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay in Australia, and I honestly don't know where I'm going to live when I come back to the states.


So, obviously, there is much more to me than this, but I figure 30 things is a good start in getting to know me a little better. I'm sorry if you're here searching for a great new story, but honestly we've been quite boring these past few days and, in my opinion, haven't done anything blog-worthy. This may have been a lame idea, but it's better than nothing. If you have any more fun little facts that you would like to share, please comment, as I'm sure I've left out a lot.  =)



So. To be fair to all those that already knew all of these things about me, I am going to write down a quick template for Marissa to continue, when she gets some time, so you can learn a little more about her.




Hey Robert's friends! I know most of you only in name, and haven't had real conversation with many, as I've scarcely been seen in Salt Lake these past two years. Since Robert compiled such a great list, I will try my best to do the same. Here goes nothing!!!
  • I'm sort of an old lady. I knit, I crochet, I read, and my feet are always cold. And don't get my started on my wardrobe. Just accept it. Let it be.
  • Music is a really big part of my life. I play the violin and the piano, and I'm a complete music junkie.
  • I'm a vocabulary and grammar snob.
  • School is the only thing I'm good at in life.
  • I do not like to wear make-up. My maximum make-up is the equivalent of most girls make-up minimum.
  • I do, however, love to wear dresses. Any day that is nice outside, I will be in anything but jeans.
  • I really love reading. But I don't enjoy sci-fi, fantasy, romance, or mystery as much as I enjoy historical fiction, and the classics. My favorite author is Steinbeck.
  • I'm not a very good driver, expecially in reverse. I can't drive a stick.
  • I'm a country girl. I grew up in the city, but I yearn for mountains and open spaces. I yearn to be surrounded by beauty. The smell of hay and cows makes me feel at home.
  • I love to cook. I spent last summer (May-September) in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. They actually paid me to cook for about 35 people every day. It was the best job I've ever had. I'd love to go to culinary school.
  • I currently have 2 majors: Nutrition Science (Pre-Med) and Exercise Science (Pre-Physical Therapy). Nutrition and exercise are two things I'm passionate about, so studying the sciences behind them is an obvious direction to take in my life.
  • I'm highly religious. I'm a devout Mormon, and plan on spending 18 months of my life serving my God when I turn 21.
  • I love the outdoors. I love hiking, trail running, camping, snowboarding, etc. The next thing I want to get into is rock climbing.
  • I'm really hard to embarass or offend. I dare you to try and make me feel uncomfortable.
  • I'm probably too trusting. I've never had anything really bad happen to me.
  • I've been told I'm overly optimistic and happy. I smile and laugh a lot.
  • I'm not very good at staying up late at all. It's usually not even an option; I will just fall asleep doing anything if it gets late enough.
  • It took me a really long time to catch onto snowboarding, and I'm even worse at surfing.
  • I really want to be a mother some day, but the thought of being responsible for children terrifies me. It's the hardest job in the world, but anyone can get it.
  • I have very high standards for myself. I do not: smoke, drink, have sex, swear, watch R rated movies, drink coffee/tea/anything carbonated, dye my hair, etc. I'm a social oddity, according to Robert.
  • I'm way out of the loop when it comes to popular culture. I don't ever see movies or listen to the radio.
  • I come from a large family, and I'm very grateful for that.
  • I enjoy public speaking.
  • I love the feeling you get in your stomach when you go on a roller coaster or jump off a cliff. I went skydiving for the first time yesterday.
  • I prefer the cold. I love the snow. The heat makes me lethargic. I love everything about the winter.
  • I'd pick the mountains over the beach any day.
  • I'm very puctual. I'm never late.
  • I usually eat very healthily. I don't usually like sweets or fast food.
  • I think I've kissed too many boys.
  • I don't like living out of a suitcase.

7 comments:

  1. Number 12. hahahahahahahahaha
    Today, because of you, I was able to engage in a conversation about those mind numbing things you call video games. And give valid input (:
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh I want specifics. I'm curious what you had to say about them =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Robert. I am afraid to say that I am almost the exact opposite of you, except for a few details (I love needles like I love poison). All the same, from what I hear you sound like a pretty good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one thing you ought to know about robert is that he is an exceptional big brother. and a spectacular son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, since I haven't commented on this enough times, I enjoy that I already knew most of these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bert
    i highly doubt you lack an imagination.

    Marissa
    i'm uber jealous that you knit, play the piano, and cook. i wish i could do all of those things. i'm guilty and facebook stalked you; i see nothing wrong with your style of clothing.

    make-up is gross.

    we should be friends.

    megan

    ReplyDelete